Friday, March 12, 2010

2010 Season Opener...

...not exactly a roar.

For the first time in 2010, I put line to water today. Very, very little water.



H2O is in short supply on the Poudre right now. Frankly, I'm not sure what kind of difference it makes for the fishing. The stretch I hit today gets heavy pressure from junkies like me. Still, it's usually a little more productive. It's really dried up right now, but still pretty.



Buck fever may have had something to do with it as well. I lost two flies, one to a misplaced cast that landed in a tree on the opposite bank. For a brief second, I thought maybe I had hooked up with one fish, but it's entirely possible that it was simply a rock or a twig.

Not much of an opening day. Still better than life in the rat race, though.

No comments: