Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fishing Fun with Dogs

ome might call me sick and twisted.  They might be right.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the world's first (at least to my knowledge) Arnie Hair Caddis Fly.  Tied with olive thread, brown hackle, and genuine, bona-fide Cairn Terrier hair.


















Poor Arnie had a rough day.  He's a little woozy after having an abscess lanced and drained of fluid and being placed on antibiotics that have left him less than his normal, chipper self.  Still, his coat is in great shape right now, every bit as coarse (and virtually the same color) as the batch of deer hair I normally tie with.


I'm still perfecting it, of course.  In my haste to get the prototype out, I wrapped some hackle around the hook.  But you get the general idea.

Fishing report to come...

Thanks for the donation, Arnster!

No comments: