Friday, December 3, 2010

27 in 27, Day Six: The Brassie

As with all my fly patterns in this experiment, I offer the caveat of "sort of."  I think I'm safe in calling this one a Brassie, as it contains all the necessary components (thread, wire, dubbing) in colors I chose.  From all the reading I've done, it appears that tiers tend to fall into one of two schools of thought on color choice:  1) those who think it's of critical importance in imitating the aquatic life of a given river; and 2) those who see color as far less important than matching the general appearance of that aquatic life.  For the sake of this post, I'll conveniently lump myself in with the latter (at least for now). 

Thus, the Flywriter's version of the Brassie:


















Hook:  Size 20
Thorax:  Olive dubbing
Thread:  Olive
Body:  Hot yellow Ultra Wire, small

The midge theme continues tomorrow with my first attempt at a classic (or a variation thereof), Craven's Poison Tung.

No comments: